-
May 21st, 2001, 11:04 AM
#1
Inactive Member
How really works a Rank Cintel ?
Does these machines works at slow frame rate (i.e. 8, 10 fps)?
To each film frame corresponds a viedo frame? (frame to frame synchronism)?
Carlos.
-
May 23rd, 2001, 12:22 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I think that they go at a very high frame rate. I think my colorist said that he can run through my footage at about 70/80fps. I don't know if that is just for timing or for the Xfer itself.
-
May 23rd, 2001, 07:15 AM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
I'm finding this thread to be quite bizarre so far.
-Alex
-
May 23rd, 2001, 10:59 AM
#4
Inactive Member
A Rank Citel works by scanning a each frame with a 'flying spot electron beam.' It uses a 3:2 pulldown system to achieve 30fps. Basically, every fourth frame is doubled. I am unsure how fast it actually does this.
[This message has been edited by crimsonson (edited May 23, 2001).]
-
May 23rd, 2001, 12:11 PM
#5
Inactive Member
OK, I undestand.
That?s would means that each frame is captured individually, and to each film frame corresponds a video frame without mixture.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks